One Year Blog Anniversary!!! What Is Next For "Her Daring Thoughts"?


Hey Friends! 

I hope you are all doing well, this is a very exciting post because on this day June 24th of last year I created this blog "Her Daring Thoughts" and posted my first blog post! If you want to read it click HERE




It is funny because a lot of people say they are a bit embarrassed of the first blog post that they ever wrote, but I am not so much embarrassed but taken aback at the fact that I knew the minute I started this blog that I wanted to pour into young adult lives and encourage anyone struggling emotionally, spiritually and mentally. Why? because I have been there and I know what it is like to feel completely alone even when you may be surrounded with the people closest to you. From the beginning I wanted this blog to be a place where a person considering suicide can come and decide you know what maybe there is hope and maybe asking for help is not a shameful thing. 

I can not believe it has already been a year, and in just a year I have connected with other inspirational and driven writers online who have the same motive as me. In just a year I have taken this childhood passion of mine, journaling; and made it into a space on the internet that I can only hope will reach a generation that is fearless and not afraid to stand by their faith. 

This blog has made me alot more excited for the future and the goals I have set for myself. It is quite amazing how God makes things work, a year ago when I started this blog I was also getting ready to transfer to a 4 year university and start at a brand new school. A year later I am a senior getting ready to graduate with a blog that I have honestly became passionate about. 


Woah! Time flies when you are having fun am I right? (lol)


So what is next for "Her Daring Thoughts?" "Will I be continuing this journey?" and "How often will I be posting?" Decisions.. Decisions.. Decisions. Well first, let me just say YES of course I will be continuing on this journey, I would be silly not to. Second, I would like to start posting two days a week now. For a whole year I was just posting whenever I felt led to but I would like to take this blog alittle more seriously and I thought I would start but actually giving myself specific days I will post :).

Every Wednesday and Saturday you can all expect a post from me! ( Woot woot!!) 

In terms of what is next for my blog, you can expect a lot more content on mental health, college, life advice, faith, and social issues, all of my favorite topics.

Earlier this year I was occasionally opening the mental health section of my blog to people who want to share their story/testimony. I decided to keep that going and make it a ongoing series on my blog called #BeBrave!



                                       *** Expect a different post that will go into detail***

If you actually read this far, I will end it here by saying thank you so much to anyone who has read, commented, shared a post and/or subscribed you have no idea how much this means to me! Until next time x



P.S: Are you excited about the upcoming #BeBrave series? Let me know in the comments if it is something you would like to see happen on this platform!x




Nikki O. 

Comments

  1. Congratulations on your blog's anniversary, Nikki! It's amazing how blogging can connect people and share ideas all across the globe. I'm definitely excited about the #BeBrave series and hope to contribute to it too (I just have to gather my thoughts and decide on the topic 'cause it feels like I've got enough material for a book on mental health issues and stigma in Ukraine).
    I'm also excited about reading more content on your blog. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Halyna! Oh yes, I would love for you to share & contribute to the series whenever you are ready 😊 thank you so much for all your support & your friendship this far, love you!

      Nikki x

      Delete
    2. Congratulations! It is so amazing to look back at where you started writing. To watch your growth and see the lives that you have touched. You are a blessing! Look forward to reading more. :)

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much! I agree I love looking back at the progress, it gives hope for the future! I can't wait to see you back on my blog Rosevine!x


      Nikki

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your anniversary. You have done well and have so much to look forward to. All the best in your faith and blogging journey 😀👏🏽👏🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate it Chioma, thank you so much! I love your blog by the way! x


      Nikki

      Delete
  3. What a bright future for your blog...........to minister to people on their own brave path. Congratulations on one full year!! May the Lord's will be done.

    http://grandmamarymartha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tammy means a lot! :)


      Nikki

      Delete
  4. Congratulations!!! You're such a wonderful, kind-hearted person whose passion is to serve others most especially persons struggling inside. May God bless you more in this ministry and let your voice be heard by many.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you so much Kate, I appreciate your comment! Hope to see you back on my blog. :)


      Nikki

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on reaching a year of blogging. looking forward to the BE Brave series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Audrey :) Yay! Im so glad your looking forward to the series, im excited as well to launch it! definitely subscribe so you don't miss any of the post 😄. Thanks again Audrey!

      Nikki

      Delete
  6. Happy anniversary! Congratulations on using your platform to help others! I appreciate your desire to speak about suicide and letting others know they aren't alone! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much Whit! The passion definitely comes from experience. Hope to see you back on my blog soon :)

      Nikki

      Delete
  7. Happy Blog Birthday! Such an achievement! Your writing is great and I'm glad you're continuing! I'm very intrigued to read about your #BeBrave series! Can't wait until the post explain is up! Great post! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you so much Louise :) I really appreciate your comment. I am so glad you are as excited about the series as I am, feel free to subscribe so you don't miss any of the upcoming posts leading up to the series :) Thank you so much again, hope to see you back on my blog girly!


      Nikki

      Delete
  8. happy 1st blogiversary <3 may there be many more and your blog brings you tons of happiness, inspiration and growth in life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And I wish all the same for you Agnese :) Hope to see you back on my blog soon!


      Nikki

      Delete
  9. Congratulations! It's lovely to see how far your blog (and yourself!) has come, and I'm sure it will continue to grow! I think your #BeBrave series is a fantastic idea, I'm sure it will be a hit!

    Charlotte xx

    theassortedwriter.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Charlotte that means alot! I'm excited about the series as well :) Hope to see you back on my blog soon!

      Nikki

      Delete
  10. I'll be honest I am not too impressed with my old writings : ) But it is cool to see how God has grown me in my writing style over time. Congrats on your one year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I totally understand you on that one! Thank you so much for your comment, hope to see you back on my blog soon :)


      Nikki

      Delete
  11. Congrats on your blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Andrea! :)


      Nikki

      Delete
  12. This is so exciting! I'm super proud of you that you stuck to this blog throughout college. That's quite the accomplishment. Keep it up, lady! This post was a great read, BTW. I look forward to seeing where God leads next.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts