Skip to main content

UPDATE POST.. Remeber Me?








Hey! yeah I know it has been a good minute.

I feel like sometimes I will have a writing high for a good week or two and then I will have dry seasons where you won't hear from me again. I have been doing guest posting where I am allowing other bloggers to write their mental health stories on my blog, but when it comes to me actually having a post with my own words, well I haven't posted such a thing since January!
So what has been going on with me?

School. School has been mediocre I suppose. I mean that in terms of my grades. I am not failing my classes like I did last semester which is good but I'm not getting B's and A's either. Community college and university are two different ball games when it comes to grading and exams. In community college I was doing really well and flying through my classes now in university I am proud when I get a C+ on a exam because of how difficult the professor grades. If I was cruising through my classes and going at the pace I am suppose to be at, I should be graduating by the end of this coming May. That is not happening, I will be graduating next year in May, which is fine by me. I have actually came to terms with that and I am glad that is the case. If I was graduating this May I would be freaking out. I cannot tell you what I want to do next; social work, or law school or both?!  still trying to figure that out and what better way to continue figuring that out than to just stay that extra year in college, pull up my Gpa and give God my hopes and dreams.

My Job. I have tweeted about this a few times before. I am a CNA and I work with mentally disabled adults. I basically do everything for them, I feed them dinner, give them showers, change their clothes and diapers as well as put them to bed. I am not kidding when I say the first 1-2 weeks I would leave work emotional because I did not know how to effectively transfer a patient or how to deal with a patient's mood swings and tantrums. Now that I have been working at the faculty for a little over a month I feel a lot more comfortable.

My Faith. Let's just say God has been gracious. I got this opportunity over my Spring Break to go to a week long conference in North San Diego at Polamor Mountain where my school's Christian club/ organization did bible studies and worshipping. It was definitely a fun and emotional week, where I made really close friends and was able to redefine my relationship with God.




There is a lot I have to say about this conference, but we will leave this to another post! :)

That was pretty much an update of my life. How have all of you been, I have missed writing and actually posting, but I am BACK :).

.
.
.
.
.

F O L L O W  .  M E

My Instagram

My Twitter


Comments

  1. It's great to have you back! I've been wondering when you'd update your blog. Wow, your life seems so busy. I've seen you tweet about your job but I didn't know what you do exactly. You're such an amazing person. I wish I could pass the tiniest bit of your kindness to my fellow countrymen. It would do us so much good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Halyna! :) Your comment really made my day.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you're doing a lot, I can imagine your job to be very rewarding x
    A Blushing Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it definitely is at times :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. Keep going! I agree with you about the extra time. School will be over and then it's working towards another chapter. Sometimes you need to breathe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Don't Let Fear Stop You From Living"

"Don't Let Fear Stop You From Living"
"Don't Let Fear Stop You From Living" 
"Don't Let Fear Stop You From Living" 

Someone retweeted this quote on twitter and I immediately opened my computer to start writing. I typed it out like three times because it really stood out to me. I have been thinking a lot about the concept of fear lately, especially with all the chaos going on in our world today. After the unfortunate event at Manchester I knew that I wanted to write a post revolving around fear because lets be honest I and I am pretty sure everyone reading this is or has been carrying a inner feeling of fear in their spirit.



What thing/s are you scared of at the moment? Maybe school, losing friends, the future, death, violence, making sacrifices, new job, losing a job, the list can go on. I think so many times we are focused on putting on this face as if we are invincible and have tough skin that we totally forget that hey, you are human and it i…

Family Violence. // We Have Lost Love In Our Homes.

There was a recent report from TheGailyGrind that I came across on Facebook, in which broke my heart. A mother admitted to ambushing and killing her gay son because she could not accept his sexual orientation..




I was filled with a flood of emotions and thoughts and  just ranting a little paragraph on Facebook about it was not enough. I had to go deeper.

No, I will not be discussing whether I am for or against gay marriage. Although that topic of gay rights is crucial and needs attention, that is not my main focus of this post.

Love. Family: Your Flesh And Blood.
Those words are most likely going to be repeated in this post more than once.

Correct me if I am wrong, but when you decide to have a family you are committing to going through peaks and valleys with these people in your life. They are the ones you see when you wake up and before you go to bed, they are the people that are suppose to display the first example of Love.

I think we all know first hand that being a teen/young adul…

Suicidal Thoughts: My Hope Is In "2 Corinthians 12:9"

To the average person it doesn't make sense. How can someone want to die when death is usually  something a person fears or avoids?
How can one actually be contemplating a possible way to take their own lives? In some ways it sounds completely bizarre.

But it is a Reality.

For so many people young and old, suicidal contemplation or even the complete act of commiting suicide has poisoned multitudes of generations. I can not help but think who else struggles internally with these thoughts. Who else is ashamed that when things get difficult, overwhelming or painful the only thing their mind reverts to is a overplayed image of ways they can take their life.





I scare myself at times, because I have contemplated suicide at my most low moments, to say I have not tried it more than once in my past would be lying to you. To be completely honest just two weeks ago I remember being in my room one evening sobbing, I was telling myself that I was done with this constant up and down path in lif…