Embracing Consistency & Passion

Hey Friends!

I hope 2017 is treating you all well. I have to
say that  during this fairly long winter break that I am on,  I have been embracing more of the importance of Consistency & Passion. Especially  since I have been pursuing a certain job position in which requires a lot of interviews and training.

There has been a huge amount of reflecting on my part because I want to make sure that when I start school in about 6 days I am well prepared & not dwelling in the past or lacking any motivation.

My aunt and mom once told me to find something that you are really good at and passionate about and roll with it, be the best you can be in it, whether that is;  writing, teaching, I don't know maybe even dancing! Grab a hold of it, be consistent & claim it as yours. Be the expert in it.

I write this because  I am going to be in my last year in college and honestly it hasnt been easy at all, and it will not get any easier because that is the way life is. I have been failing and getting back up and failing and getting back up again.. But I am still staying focused on the path that will lead me to where I want to go.

So I challenge you to find that one thing you are passionate about and good at, let us stay focused on that path and see where life takes us!

P.S: I want to do a Q&A really soon! I have NEVER done one and I really enjoy reading Q&A' s. So if you have any questions about Me, you can send them through my Twitter,
Instagram , or Email me at   nickki.opara1@gmail.com :)

Okay, Carry on!



Nikki O.

-----------------------



Comments

  1. This is such a great post! Consistency and passion are so important, but we can loose sight of these in modern day life. I pursued music performance. I loved it an got into one of the top colleges in the country with a scholarship. Unfortunately, my health has meant that I had to take some time out from playing and I've not been able to become a performer like I once hoped. Despite this, I've focussed my energy on what I can do and am now teaching and learning a new instrument for enjoyment and personal development. It's been a bumpy road, but I'm glad I've rekindled my passion for playing. Good luck, I know you'll find the right path for you. Xx

    Tania | When Tania Talks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha i thanked you on Twitter but figured i'd reply on here as well. Thanks again Tania for your openness and insight!x

      Delete
  2. Good for you Nikki!! I definitely need to work on consistency. I feel that I'm pretty good at staying focused mentally on my passions because consistency is a tough one for me haha! Thanks for this positive and insightful refresher. Good luck in your last year of college, you will do great!!

    Jaycee | anthropolojay.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic advice. Finding a passion is so important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chloe! So glad you liked it :)

      Delete
  4. I hope your final year of college can run smoothly for you, life is definitely tough and remains tough with challenges as we go through it so learning to get back up and brush it off, as you've said, is a very good skill to have!

    http://skylish.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment this! I definitely needed to read this. You are right, learning to brush the mistakes off and keep moving forward is a essential skill to have when finding our way in society 😊. Thanks again Kemi!

      Nikki O. | www.herdaringthoughts.blogspot.com

      Delete
  5. Reading this just inspired me a lot! I agree, being consistent is so important when it comes to following your passion but it's something I need to work on. I have this quote next to my desk which says 'what defines you, is how you rise after falling' and I think that's true. There will always be times where we get discouraged but we need to stay focused on our passion and keep going :) I'm wishing you all the best for your final year at college x

    Sara’sChapters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara! And I totally agree with your quote! It comes down to your character during the difficult times. I am also struggling with consistency, it's not easy lol but we wi get there I know it! :)

      Nikki O.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts