Skip to main content

Dear 30 Year Old Me... I Got Alot of Questions!

As odd as it sounds I am ready for school! Everyone & their grandma has started school except me. I don't start until the 19th of this month lol.

If you have read some of my post from two days ago you will know that I did terrible last year academically, so I have been kind of beating myself up.. But I think I am at the point where I have left my week long pity party and I am ready to start being excited for the future and this next semester.

I turn 22 this year which got me thinking. I will be 30 in like 8-9 years. That may seem like a long time away which it is, but i couldn't help but wonder how completely differnet my life will be at that time. What exciting things life will be throwing at me.

 I am hoping by 30 I have finished all my schooling and I am diving into my career. So here is a rather detailed letter of questions I would ask my 30 year old self!!

 [ Long Post Alert!!]



        This is your 21 year old self writing to you wondering how you ended up. You can say I got a lot of questions and I am hoping at 30 you still have this blog open so you can maybe answer these questions for me. That would be really cool!

So here we go...

Did you take a year off after college? Or go straight into law school? How long did it take you to finish? Are you working right now or still looking for a job? Maybe you ditched the whole law school dream of yours and decided to take on social work after all? How was it? Are you now working for the government or in a local hospital? Well whatever you are doing at that age I am 100% sure you are do it well.
      How about your overall confidence and self esteem? I am praying you are feeding your mind with positive thoughts. I hope you have improved your mentality, I am sure the adult world is tough enough so you dont need to make it even more rough by putting yourself down. I really do hope your mental health has healed.. I hope you have finally came to a point where you like yourself or even better love yourself enough.
     How is your faith and relationship with Jesus Christ? Are you spiritually healthy or still struggling to know who God is? Either way God has not and has never given up on you, so no matter how many mistakes you have made or how many times you run from him he is always there whenever your ready to run back. Remember That.
      How about your really good friends from college and high school? Do you still talk to any of them? Who is still in your life and who have you shut out for good? Let me just tell you at 21 your teasing one of your best friend's telling her she will marry her boyfriend.. well does she?! Do you end up planning her wedding like you tease her about?!




     Okay you know I have to ask, how is the love life? Are you married yet or just cruising through the single life a little longer. If you are married, how was your wedding? Was it everything you ever dreamed of? Are your good friend's in your wedding?? Are you in their wedding? And your husband/boyfriend? Oh I can't  wait to hear all about him! .. If you are single, please tell me you are traveling like you always wanted to! Have you written that book that you have always wanted to write and publish?

So many questions, I know. And the list still goes on. But I will stop there, because this post is extremely long ( haha)

Dear 30 year old me, I would love to know where life has taken you. I am wondering because at this point that I am writing this feeling a little confused of where life is going to take me. Hope to hear from you soon!


Sincerely,
Your 21 year old self

Nikki O.



 Think about a age in your life where you hope you are done with school and have your life together. If you were to write a letter to your future self, what questions would you like to ask?

Comments

  1. I struggled a bit to find the comment section but here I am!
    I really loved this post and the idea behind it! I'm 21 and turning 22 this year so I can really relate to your letter and mine would be very similar, for sure a lot of questions ahah

    Samantha | https://samanthacarraro.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes I am definitely really curious about the future. Thank you so much again for your comment Samantha!x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Don't Let Fear Stop You From Living"

"Don't Let Fear Stop You From Living"
"Don't Let Fear Stop You From Living" 
"Don't Let Fear Stop You From Living" 

Someone retweeted this quote on twitter and I immediately opened my computer to start writing. I typed it out like three times because it really stood out to me. I have been thinking a lot about the concept of fear lately, especially with all the chaos going on in our world today. After the unfortunate event at Manchester I knew that I wanted to write a post revolving around fear because lets be honest I and I am pretty sure everyone reading this is or has been carrying a inner feeling of fear in their spirit.



What thing/s are you scared of at the moment? Maybe school, losing friends, the future, death, violence, making sacrifices, new job, losing a job, the list can go on. I think so many times we are focused on putting on this face as if we are invincible and have tough skin that we totally forget that hey, you are human and it i…

Family Violence. // We Have Lost Love In Our Homes.

There was a recent report from TheGailyGrind that I came across on Facebook, in which broke my heart. A mother admitted to ambushing and killing her gay son because she could not accept his sexual orientation..




I was filled with a flood of emotions and thoughts and  just ranting a little paragraph on Facebook about it was not enough. I had to go deeper.

No, I will not be discussing whether I am for or against gay marriage. Although that topic of gay rights is crucial and needs attention, that is not my main focus of this post.

Love. Family: Your Flesh And Blood.
Those words are most likely going to be repeated in this post more than once.

Correct me if I am wrong, but when you decide to have a family you are committing to going through peaks and valleys with these people in your life. They are the ones you see when you wake up and before you go to bed, they are the people that are suppose to display the first example of Love.

I think we all know first hand that being a teen/young adul…

Suicidal Thoughts: My Hope Is In "2 Corinthians 12:9"

To the average person it doesn't make sense. How can someone want to die when death is usually  something a person fears or avoids?
How can one actually be contemplating a possible way to take their own lives? In some ways it sounds completely bizarre.

But it is a Reality.

For so many people young and old, suicidal contemplation or even the complete act of commiting suicide has poisoned multitudes of generations. I can not help but think who else struggles internally with these thoughts. Who else is ashamed that when things get difficult, overwhelming or painful the only thing their mind reverts to is a overplayed image of ways they can take their life.





I scare myself at times, because I have contemplated suicide at my most low moments, to say I have not tried it more than once in my past would be lying to you. To be completely honest just two weeks ago I remember being in my room one evening sobbing, I was telling myself that I was done with this constant up and down path in lif…