Skip to main content

Reflecting On The Feeling Of Loneliness --- A Blog Response to Tainted Blues's "Loneliness" Post




             "The Worse Loneliness Is Not To Be Comfortable With Yourself" - Mark Twain 

This is my second Blog Response and I think I am going to continue doing these. I really love reading blogs that touch me and that I know will inspire other people and writing about them.

With that said, I wanted to write about the topic of Loneliness.

I was moved to write about this topic by the blog Tainted Blues from Isabelle Collins. Anyone who knows me knows that I love a good personal story that allows me to connect with the writer, that is why I loved her post because she describes Loneliness on a personal level.

While reading her post I was reflecting on my own life and the various times that I have felt lonely.

From middle school to high school to even now in college I still get this overwhelming feeling of loneliness that I can not seem to shake off. I can recall times where I would just be laying on my bed getting ready to sleep and tears would just start running down my face simply because I just felt this hole in my heart and kept hearing the same voice in my head reminding me that I am lonely.

I am not writing this to put step by step on how to get through loneliness because I feel like loneliness is a universal feeling. Everyone at some put will go through it whether it is for a short time or for a long period of time. What I am here to say is that when you are going through this feeling please do not look at it as being in a dark pit that you will never come out of. Instead, look at that moment in your life as a vulnerable time for you to start getting to know yourself & loving yourself.
                                               


IT IS DIFFICULT. I had to make sure I made that clear, a lot of times people say advice like " Get to know yourself" as if it is a piece of cake. I know it is not. Trust Me. As a person who has had a history of depression I know loving yourself and being okay with your own company can be taunting. But, it is POSSIBLE.

I definitely recommend reading Isabelle's post on Loneliness and just her blog in general because she speaks of feelings and circumstances that a lot of us are to afraid to talk about.

I really want my blog to be a safe place, so if you ever need someone to vent to feel free to shoot me a message on the contact page. Or lets talk on the comment section :).




Your Friend Always,

Nikki O. x





Comments

  1. I loved reading this and thank you so much for doing a response! I've been using the feeling to get to know myself and work on myself xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pleasure! So glad you like it :)

      Delete
  2. This was such a lovely read! I remember that I always found loving myself and being comfortable with my own company hard too but like you said, it is possible and you WILL get there!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excatly! I am so glad you can relate :)

      Delete
  3. I really admire your honesty. I find it difficult when you know that people are trying to help, but their advice just isn't what you need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I try to be honest & personal because I know recieving that from friends & family really helped me :)

      Me too! I kind of start to feel guilty in a way.. it is difficult and a tricky concept.


      Nikki O. | www.herdarinthoughts.blogspot.com

      Delete
  4. This was such an inspiring post Nikki! Whilst reading it, it made me think that anything is possible even through hard times.

    Really enjoyed reading this :)
    Mia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad it gave you hope! Thank you for your lovely comment Mia :).

      Nikki O. | www.herdaringthoughts.blogspot.com

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Don't Let Fear Stop You From Living"

"Don't Let Fear Stop You From Living"
"Don't Let Fear Stop You From Living" 
"Don't Let Fear Stop You From Living" 

Someone retweeted this quote on twitter and I immediately opened my computer to start writing. I typed it out like three times because it really stood out to me. I have been thinking a lot about the concept of fear lately, especially with all the chaos going on in our world today. After the unfortunate event at Manchester I knew that I wanted to write a post revolving around fear because lets be honest I and I am pretty sure everyone reading this is or has been carrying a inner feeling of fear in their spirit.



What thing/s are you scared of at the moment? Maybe school, losing friends, the future, death, violence, making sacrifices, new job, losing a job, the list can go on. I think so many times we are focused on putting on this face as if we are invincible and have tough skin that we totally forget that hey, you are human and it i…

To The Student Who Is Taking Longer Than Four Years To Graduate...

I have not written a college related post in a long time so I figured why not, especially since this particular one has been on my mind lately. As it seems a lot of people have graduated this month I want to start by saying CONGRATS! to you all. It has been so exciting to hear about all of your post college grad life and your plans for the future.

With that being said, I want to speak in particularly to the student who has not graduated yet, maybe you have one more year and you will not be graduating in that expected four year mark.. or maybe you are still in community college and feel stuck among the waiting lists and endless GE requirements. I'm writing to that student who is scrolling through Instagram looking at all those grad photos of your classmates from high school and your thinking "that could of been me" "that should of been me" "Maybe if I had.." " Maybe I should of.." I want you to pause with those thoughts and the scrolling and …

Family Violence. // We Have Lost Love In Our Homes.

There was a recent report from TheGailyGrind that I came across on Facebook, in which broke my heart. A mother admitted to ambushing and killing her gay son because she could not accept his sexual orientation..




I was filled with a flood of emotions and thoughts and  just ranting a little paragraph on Facebook about it was not enough. I had to go deeper.

No, I will not be discussing whether I am for or against gay marriage. Although that topic of gay rights is crucial and needs attention, that is not my main focus of this post.

Love. Family: Your Flesh And Blood.
Those words are most likely going to be repeated in this post more than once.

Correct me if I am wrong, but when you decide to have a family you are committing to going through peaks and valleys with these people in your life. They are the ones you see when you wake up and before you go to bed, they are the people that are suppose to display the first example of Love.

I think we all know first hand that being a teen/young adul…