Skip to main content

You Are a Winner -- A Blog Response to Thrifty Vintage Fashion's Post " Explaining How Mental Health Feels Like To Non Suffers "

                               

These past couple of days I was doing a lot of evaluating on my blog's theme and the type of audience I am reaching out to.  I realized my passion is giving out life advice based on my own personal experiences as well as being a advocate and speaker for mental health fighters.

Lately I have been inspired by Nicole Marie's blog  Thrifty Vintage Fashion . I am driven towards  her mental health experiences and the hope she shares with her readers. She has also inspired me to write my own story on my journey through Depression.  She recently posted a blog post called Explaining What Mental Health Feels Like To Non Suffers.

She writes directly to  Non suffers who may have a loved one or friend that is struggling with mental health. Her blog post goes to a vulnerable place in describing how a person is feeling through their fight each day. Each person is different and going through their own journey but she does a great job in providing the words of real people and the description of the world they live in constantly.

I think Nicole says it well when she describes mental health as " [being] entered into the world's strongest man competition by mistake. Feels like [ you are] carrying around one of those really heavy boulders constantly on [ your] shoulders". 

As I was reflecting on her blog post I came across this fact for every mental health fighter... YOU ALWAYS WIN.

 This competition you are forced to go through everyday you always come out as a winner. 

                                                     


You are a winner when you decide to smile with your group of friends even though you don't feel like it 
You are winner when you decided to put down the razor just for today 
You are a winner when you decided to talk to your best friend or your mom about your journey
You are winner when you decided to get out of bed today even though you were wishing you could die in your sleep the night before
You are a winner every time you refrain from taking action even though those suicidal thoughts are tempting you. 
You are a winner every time you make the decision every day to not let anxiety run your life

You are a Winner. 


Check out Nicole Marie's Thrifty Vintage Fashion's Blog to read her many eye opening post about mental health :)


Nikki O.



Comments

  1. I love this! I really like how you describe everyone as being a winner, I couldn't agree more! I am a winner because I get through everyday! Thank you for mentioning my post, I'm glad you enjoyed it and felt inspired to write this post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pleasure to write this. I'm so glad you loved it Nicole! Thank you for reading! :)

      Nikki O. | www.herdaringthoughts.blogspot.com

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Don't Let Fear Stop You From Living"

"Don't Let Fear Stop You From Living"
"Don't Let Fear Stop You From Living" 
"Don't Let Fear Stop You From Living" 

Someone retweeted this quote on twitter and I immediately opened my computer to start writing. I typed it out like three times because it really stood out to me. I have been thinking a lot about the concept of fear lately, especially with all the chaos going on in our world today. After the unfortunate event at Manchester I knew that I wanted to write a post revolving around fear because lets be honest I and I am pretty sure everyone reading this is or has been carrying a inner feeling of fear in their spirit.



What thing/s are you scared of at the moment? Maybe school, losing friends, the future, death, violence, making sacrifices, new job, losing a job, the list can go on. I think so many times we are focused on putting on this face as if we are invincible and have tough skin that we totally forget that hey, you are human and it i…

To The Student Who Is Taking Longer Than Four Years To Graduate...

I have not written a college related post in a long time so I figured why not, especially since this particular one has been on my mind lately. As it seems a lot of people have graduated this month I want to start by saying CONGRATS! to you all. It has been so exciting to hear about all of your post college grad life and your plans for the future.

With that being said, I want to speak in particularly to the student who has not graduated yet, maybe you have one more year and you will not be graduating in that expected four year mark.. or maybe you are still in community college and feel stuck among the waiting lists and endless GE requirements. I'm writing to that student who is scrolling through Instagram looking at all those grad photos of your classmates from high school and your thinking "that could of been me" "that should of been me" "Maybe if I had.." " Maybe I should of.." I want you to pause with those thoughts and the scrolling and …

Four of My Favorite Bible Verses ( Guest Post By Airriaunte)

Hey Friends, I have a special post for you today! In this blogging community I have been lucky enough to connect with fellow bloggers who share the same Christian faith. With that being said I was more than happy to collab with Airriaunte from the blog CoffeeWithTae and have her share four bible verses that has convicted her. I hope this blesses you!

Please read more about Tae after the post below! If you want to read about My favorite bible verses click HERE






Hi! My name is Airriaunte most (all) of my friends call me Tae! As Im sure you already know Nikki and I are doing a collab of some bible verses that mean a lot to us! So here are the four from me!





Galatians 4: 1-71 I’m saying that as long as the heirs are minors, they are no different from slaves, though they really are the owners of everything. 2 However, they are placed under trustees and guardians until the date set by the parents. 3 In the same way, when we were minors, we were also enslaved by this world’s system. 4 But whe…