Skip to main content

Jealousy Is Not Cool!









Hey Friends!

As you can already tell, I am an open book. So because of that I am going to start this post off with a story from my life of course, as I always do.

For the sake of this post I am going to use the fake name "Katie". Here we go.

Katie and I are really good friends, we have been friends for 3 years now I believe. Just a couple of months ago she got into a relationship. Which I am so happy about because if you knew the two year connection Katie and her boyfriend had before they got together, you would agree with me when I say they totally deserve each other ( that sounded sarcastic, but I am serious lol).

Anyways, through out their dating and what not I had to fight a jealous vibe within me that I didn't realize I had.

There was a post I published last week called He Does Not Define You  I told a story of my best guy friend. It was probably around the time I finally cut that guy out of my life that Katie's relationship with her boyfriend began to get serious. She always talked to me about " Jacob" ( that is going to be the fake name we give her boyfriend), and I would always listen and give my input.

I really loved hearing about what she was going through because I was excited for her, this was her first real connection with a guy. As a good friend, I wanted to be there for her every step of the way.

Here is the thing..

I couldn't help that during me and Katie's conversations, certain thoughts would run through my head..

"What does she have that I don't?"
"Really God? So she is ready for a relationship and I am not"
"She gets a genuine guy? and I get some asshole guy friend? ( excuse my language! If you read my He Does Not Define You Post you will understand why I refer to him like that.)

This jealous feeling that I had prevented me from really lifting Katie's relationship in my prayers. Instead my prayers sounded something like this..

" God, am I missing something here? What exactly is the hold up? Is she really more deserving of a relationship and I am not?" ( I know what you are thinking.. "Jeez Nikki desperate much?)

-----------------------

The point of this story is jealousy kills.
It prevents you from being your upmost honest self with people.
Jealousy also has you focusing so much on other people's lives rather than your own.

For the past few months I really had to re-evaluate myself. I had to make sure I was content with who I was and the place God has put me in whether I am in a relationship or not.

We are all at different points in our life. God is writing a different love story for each of us. There is absolutely NO need to be jealous of another person because your story will be unique & just right for YOU. Be patient.








"To cure jealousy is to see it for what it is, a dissatisfaction with self"
- Joan Didion


Nikki O.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Don't Let Fear Stop You From Living"

"Don't Let Fear Stop You From Living"
"Don't Let Fear Stop You From Living" 
"Don't Let Fear Stop You From Living" 

Someone retweeted this quote on twitter and I immediately opened my computer to start writing. I typed it out like three times because it really stood out to me. I have been thinking a lot about the concept of fear lately, especially with all the chaos going on in our world today. After the unfortunate event at Manchester I knew that I wanted to write a post revolving around fear because lets be honest I and I am pretty sure everyone reading this is or has been carrying a inner feeling of fear in their spirit.



What thing/s are you scared of at the moment? Maybe school, losing friends, the future, death, violence, making sacrifices, new job, losing a job, the list can go on. I think so many times we are focused on putting on this face as if we are invincible and have tough skin that we totally forget that hey, you are human and it i…

To The Student Who Is Taking Longer Than Four Years To Graduate...

I have not written a college related post in a long time so I figured why not, especially since this particular one has been on my mind lately. As it seems a lot of people have graduated this month I want to start by saying CONGRATS! to you all. It has been so exciting to hear about all of your post college grad life and your plans for the future.

With that being said, I want to speak in particularly to the student who has not graduated yet, maybe you have one more year and you will not be graduating in that expected four year mark.. or maybe you are still in community college and feel stuck among the waiting lists and endless GE requirements. I'm writing to that student who is scrolling through Instagram looking at all those grad photos of your classmates from high school and your thinking "that could of been me" "that should of been me" "Maybe if I had.." " Maybe I should of.." I want you to pause with those thoughts and the scrolling and …

Family Violence. // We Have Lost Love In Our Homes.

There was a recent report from TheGailyGrind that I came across on Facebook, in which broke my heart. A mother admitted to ambushing and killing her gay son because she could not accept his sexual orientation..




I was filled with a flood of emotions and thoughts and  just ranting a little paragraph on Facebook about it was not enough. I had to go deeper.

No, I will not be discussing whether I am for or against gay marriage. Although that topic of gay rights is crucial and needs attention, that is not my main focus of this post.

Love. Family: Your Flesh And Blood.
Those words are most likely going to be repeated in this post more than once.

Correct me if I am wrong, but when you decide to have a family you are committing to going through peaks and valleys with these people in your life. They are the ones you see when you wake up and before you go to bed, they are the people that are suppose to display the first example of Love.

I think we all know first hand that being a teen/young adul…