Skip to main content

Four Bible Verses That Gave Me Hope Through Depression




Happy Monday!
A couple of days ago I wrote a really personal post about my mental health testimony.   I referred to myself as a Depression Survivor because of the freedom I have received from letting go of self harming. You can read all about my story here if you haven't already :). For those of you who have read it, I hope you took something special from it. In my testimony I wrote a lot about my faith and how it had a huge impact in my life and my mental healing. With that said, I decided to list four bible verses that I held onto dearly during my journey and I still hold onto and re-read everyday.

So in no particular order, here they are:

1). Isaiah 43:1-3

      But now this is what the Lord says, he who created you oh [Add your name to make it personal for you]. He who formed you oh [Your Name]: Do not fear for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters I will be with you, and when you pass through the rivers they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not get burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord your God, the holy spirit of Iseral.



2). Pslam 23:1-6

      The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me. Your rod and your staff they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You are annoit my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life. I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.



3). Job 8:10

   He preforms wonders that can not be fathomed, miracles that can not be counted



4). 2 Corinthians 12:8-10 ( MY FAVORIATE!!!)

        Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “ my grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made prefect in weakness” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why for Christ sake I delight in my weaknesses, in  insults, in hardships, in persecution & in difficulties. For when I am weak, the I am strong.



I hope you enjoyed! Definitely reflect on these and just allow God to romanticize your heart and hold you through times of confusion & hopelessness. With God there is Hope.

What Bible verses do you read that give you hope during rough times? I would love to know! ( or they can even be inspirational quotes that you refer to from time to time :).




Nikki O.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Don't Let Fear Stop You From Living"

"Don't Let Fear Stop You From Living"
"Don't Let Fear Stop You From Living" 
"Don't Let Fear Stop You From Living" 

Someone retweeted this quote on twitter and I immediately opened my computer to start writing. I typed it out like three times because it really stood out to me. I have been thinking a lot about the concept of fear lately, especially with all the chaos going on in our world today. After the unfortunate event at Manchester I knew that I wanted to write a post revolving around fear because lets be honest I and I am pretty sure everyone reading this is or has been carrying a inner feeling of fear in their spirit.



What thing/s are you scared of at the moment? Maybe school, losing friends, the future, death, violence, making sacrifices, new job, losing a job, the list can go on. I think so many times we are focused on putting on this face as if we are invincible and have tough skin that we totally forget that hey, you are human and it i…

To The Student Who Is Taking Longer Than Four Years To Graduate...

I have not written a college related post in a long time so I figured why not, especially since this particular one has been on my mind lately. As it seems a lot of people have graduated this month I want to start by saying CONGRATS! to you all. It has been so exciting to hear about all of your post college grad life and your plans for the future.

With that being said, I want to speak in particularly to the student who has not graduated yet, maybe you have one more year and you will not be graduating in that expected four year mark.. or maybe you are still in community college and feel stuck among the waiting lists and endless GE requirements. I'm writing to that student who is scrolling through Instagram looking at all those grad photos of your classmates from high school and your thinking "that could of been me" "that should of been me" "Maybe if I had.." " Maybe I should of.." I want you to pause with those thoughts and the scrolling and …

Four of My Favorite Bible Verses ( Guest Post By Airriaunte)

Hey Friends, I have a special post for you today! In this blogging community I have been lucky enough to connect with fellow bloggers who share the same Christian faith. With that being said I was more than happy to collab with Airriaunte from the blog CoffeeWithTae and have her share four bible verses that has convicted her. I hope this blesses you!

Please read more about Tae after the post below! If you want to read about My favorite bible verses click HERE






Hi! My name is Airriaunte most (all) of my friends call me Tae! As Im sure you already know Nikki and I are doing a collab of some bible verses that mean a lot to us! So here are the four from me!





Galatians 4: 1-71 I’m saying that as long as the heirs are minors, they are no different from slaves, though they really are the owners of everything. 2 However, they are placed under trustees and guardians until the date set by the parents. 3 In the same way, when we were minors, we were also enslaved by this world’s system. 4 But whe…